I finished designing the case that will fit the silkopter RC system.
Here’s how it looks like:
- Raspberry Pi3
- Official Raspberry Pi 7″ touchscreen
- A 3 axis gimbal stick for the yaw/pitch/roll
- A ADS1115 ADC to sample the sticks and the throttle fader
- A motorized 10K fader for the throttle
- A brushed Pololu motor controller. Pololu modules are awesome btw
- 2 clickable rotary encoders to tune custom parameters like PIDS
- 2 switches to save/restore the custom parameters
- 7 push buttons to change flight modes, RTH and other cool things
The case is pretty big due to the screen. It’s 22.3 cm tall, 19.5 cm wide and 4.4 cm deep – so I couldn’t print it in one piece on my Prusa I3 printer. So I had to split in in a few pieces, print each one and them glue them together.
After a few failed prints, here’s the end result:
I’m painting it now with matte black paint and tomorrow I will put all the components together.
The only problem I’m having now is that I broke my touchscreen while fitting it in the case so I need to order another one.